Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where's Walden Media When You Need Them?

I am SO NERVOUS. The movie version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid comes out this Friday, and I am terrified that it will suck. In February, we saw the movie version of The Lightning Thief, which was nothing like the book, and now I'm afraid that this one will be bad as well. The previews look hilarious (and true to the story), but you never can tell... What if the previews already showed all of the funny parts? What if they change the ending or something equally stupid? Oh dear...

Mr. Chandler and I went on a date last night to Trader Joe's and Barnes and Noble (familiar date locations for us). We bought the first two Diary of a Wimpy Kid books because I have never read them. I plowed through the first one last night (between 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.), and I've been working on the second book today. The more I read, the more nervous I get. This is a story which needs to be handled carefully and accurately! (I know, I'm far more anxious about this than I need to be.) Tune in this weekend to get the scoop on this movie, I guess. You know me, folks. I'm either going to rant or rave. I hope it's deserving of a rave...

No comments:

Post a Comment