Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Parking Lot Persevoration

I saw the weirdest thing this morning (Friday, March 19th). A stop sign in the Home Depot parking lot near my school had been knocked over. It wasn’t on a street corner, either; it was at a parking aisle intersection within the parking lot. It had a huge boulder in front of it – ostensibly to keep people from hitting the sign. The signpost had been hit from behind and bent over the boulder, so it obviously wasn’t caused by someone failing to stop at the stop sign. Now I’m wondering what could have caused this carnage. Maybe there was a high-speed chase. (…through the Home Depot parking lot? Really?) Maybe a big truck carrying lumber couldn’t quite make its turn. Maybe a customer who had loaded too much into his/her car and was trying to make sure nothing fell out didn’t pay enough attention.

(Maybe I'm crazy. It’s entirely possible that the high degree of thought I’m pouring into this is an indication of the complete collapse of my sanity.) How many days until spring break?

No comments:

Post a Comment