Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Things in Small Packages

Today, March 5th, is my niece's birthday. What a fabulous day for a birthday!

I have a niece. That's so weird...
Her name is Hannah Joy Griffith, and she was born at 10 a.m. this morning. I'm going to have to remember to buy a birthday card every year around this time. (I don't mind. I'm excited for her to be here and for her parents.) So while we were writing "Connection to Self" literature responses, she was joining the world. She's three weeks early, but completely healthy. 6.9 pounds -- what a tiny little thing! Lucky girl, my sister-in-law... My brother sent me a picture text of baby Hannah, and she's got this wrinkly-but-peaceful little face. I am totally going to call her "Hannah Banana." (Someday I hope to have cutesy nicknames for all of my nieces and nephews. I never had a nickname, and I always wanted one. They'll probably wish they didn't have them. It's the circle of life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment