Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break: Tuesday Update

Let's look over my spring break to-do list:

Reading? Check!
Music?
Gardening? Check!
Baking?
My dogs? Check!

Three out of five, and it's only Tuesday!

Yesterday (Monday), after I got home from counseling and Mr. Chandler got home from playing basketball, we worked on planting out the flower beds in our backyard. This involved a shopping trip to Home Depot (NOT to put flowers next to the dead stop sign, although that did cross my mind). It also involved a shopping trip to Fred Meyer because they have the best annual plants. While we were there, Mr. Chandler noticed a bird’s nest above the doors to the garden center. The nest is nestled into the hole made by the second R in “GARDEN CENTER.” At one point, there was a tiny baby bird looking out at us. The rest of our project involved a shopping trip to my favorite nursery because… well, because it’s lovely and full of gorgeous plants and I could spend hours there. …and because they have whatever I couldn’t get at Fred Meyer. Then we carted it all home and spent a few hours working in the back – until it got so dark that I could no longer see what I had watered and what I hadn’t watered. I love those kinds of yard work sessions; they remind me of summer.

Our dogs ran around the yard while we worked. Big Dog ran laps and sniffed everything very quickly. Little Dog walked around and sniffed everything very slowly. Also, there was a lot of peeing on things. They didn’t do a lot of barking, although they were both very interested in what was happening on the other side of the fence in the neighbor’s yard (so nosy!). They did a little digging in the flower beds and peed on stuff a little more. All in all, a successful dog evening. The only thing missing was water (and possibly some waterfowl to chase or bark at). We will have to go to the lake later this week. I keep telling Mr. Chandler that he should let me get a duck for our backyard, but he keeps telling me no.

No comments:

Post a Comment