Friday, February 26, 2010

Third Week of February -- Part 1

MONDAY
Resolution Report: I’m doing well on the school days, but the non-school days have me Starbucks-bound. Perhaps I need to expand the regulations of my resolution.

Hurray for Presidents Day! We went to see The Lightning Thief this afternoon. It was interesting, but unfortunate. Obviously they have to make some cuts or changes in order to fit a 170-page novel into a 110-minute movie, but they apparently decided which parts to cut without actually reading the book. The entire quest changed, the persons responsible for the quest changed, and the end of the movie has nothing to do with the end of the book! They completely altered it. As I said, very unfortunate. On the bright side, during the previews we found out that they are making a movie out of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and it looks much more well done. In fact, it looks hilarious. Now I have something to look forward to for June. If only I could get my hands on an advertising poster for it, then my kids would finally think I was cool…

No comments:

Post a Comment