Friday, February 12, 2010

At Least I Have My Health

I feel like I’m hanging on by a thread here… I push through my days and go home to collapse, hoping that a little extra sleep will boost my immune system enough to get me through the next day. I picture my immunity/health/whatever like the charging screen on my iPod: the green juice increases inside the battery as it charges. My health is the green juice inside the battery, and my week requires me to operate away from the charger all day. Then I have to go home and try to recharge enough to make it through the next day without hitting the red zone towards the bottom of the battery. When I hit the red zone, I get sick. It’s a delicate balance – trying not to use up too much battery power, while attempting to live through a normal week. I have abandoned hope of ever feeling fully charged (at least until June), and instead try to recharge enough to make it through the next day. And yet, as the week goes on, my days drain more and more battery juice, and my charger gives less and less back...

I have become quite savvy at predicting the timeline of the downfall of my health. (This, of course, only serves to stress me out more.) I'm looking at a total system failure in the near future. If you remember from a previous post, the universe hates me ("First Week of February" -- Murphy's Law). So I'm guessing my total system failure will occur just as my students are about to start their big state test.

No comments:

Post a Comment