Monday, July 4, 2011

A REAL VACATION! Part 4: His and Hers

Again, let me just say that I am not a serious photographer. (Refer to my previous post "A Real Vacation Part 2" for more examples.) Here are more "his and hers" examples of the photographic styles of Mr. Chandler and myself.

We went to San Juan Island and attempted to get out of the town of Friday Harbor immediately because it was packed with tourists (blech). As we drove the perimeter of the island, we stopped in a couple notable places. One of them was a state park known for its orca-spotting opportunities. We didn't see any whales, but we did see seals.

Here are his pictures of the seals sunning themselves on a rock.






Here's my picture of a log that a bunch of people freaked out about because they thought it was a sea lion (and yes, I took the picture because I knew it was just a log).




We also stopped at the American Camp, which is another beautiful state park with a windswept coastal view.

Here are some of his panoramic pictures of the beach.








And what did I take a picture of? Strangers, of course! These are some bicycle guys that wanted their picture taken in front of the beach. (I took a picture of them on their camera AND on mine.)




On another day during our vacation, we drove the length of Whidbey Island and then crossed the bridge between Whidbey and Anacortes. The bridge is at a point called Deception Pass, and once again our pictures are very telling.

Here's his picture of the pass with the shadow of the bridge. (He really wanted me to point out that shadow.)




Here's my picture of the weird color of the water.




Here's his picture of the lovely vista from the bridge.




Here's my picture of the narrow little sidewalk that we had to walk on to get out to the middle of the bridge to take his picture (including almost getting smashed by a semi-truck, although I didn't manage to get a picture of THAT as I was trying to stay alive).




Between us, we seem to have covered both the scenic and the comic quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment