Saturday, July 2, 2011

A REAL VACATION! Part 2: Pictures with Personality

In my last post, I blogged about the lovely vacation cottage I'm staying in for a few days, and I posted pictures -- a rare occurrence for me. They were even taken with an actual camera! That's right, blog peeps: For the first time since middle school, I actually own a camera. Well, Mr. Chandler and I own it. And, as he is from a camera-psycho (photographically psychotic?) family, he tends to hog it. In fact, he took all the pictures I posted last time. You can tell because they're pretty and normal. He took this charming picture of the Mukilteo lighthouse from the outside deck of the ferry after we left the dock. (I am in love with this picture.)




He also took this very serious "artistic" picture of a flower. (He's a seriously serious photographer, people. Please take him seriously.) Just kidding. This one is really pretty as well.




And this lovely and carefully composed photo of the bench at the end of the garden, from which you can see out into Samish Bay, is also Mr. Chandler's.




Mostly I try to convince Mr. Chandler to take pictures of random things since he's usually the one holding the camera. You probably noticed that he likes to mix in pretty, nature-and-scenery stuff too, but I'm slowly turning him to the dark side. I'm definitely not your average go-on-vacation-and-post-a-bunch-of-pretty-pictures blogger. My pictures (and his pictures taken under my influence) tend to be of incredibly random things -- like this sign, which made me laugh as we were waiting in line for the Mukilteo ferry. It reminds me of 5-year-old day campers.




Mr. Chandler took this one for me. I have no idea what sort of a store it is. (Okay, I know it's probably either an antique store or a second-hand store of some kind. But isn't the speculation part of the fun? What if it really is a store full of stuff that the owners pulled out of dumpsters? Or maybe they're selling top-of-the-line odor-reducing dumpsters. I'm not sure how you would get them out the front door, but it's an interesting thought.)




The Lucky Dumpster is in Edison, Washington, which consists of a school, a couple of cafes, two bakeries, a couple of antique stores, the dumpster store, and this really special liquor store, which appears to be in someone's garage.




I DID manage to take a scenic picture of Mount Baker from the country road leading to Samish Island. It is my greatest photographic achievement to date.



(No, seriously. I actually took that picture. This one was all me.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad more and more people a cottage rental instead of a hotel room. It is so much more pleasant to spend the the vacation in a quiet and peaceful place, instead of a hotel where you can't feel at home. I will spend my vacation in Ontario where I found a very nice cottage on a lakeside.
    Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete