Thursday, November 10, 2011

Second Quarter

Sheesh. It's already 2nd quarter...

You know, I don't actually want to talk about that. It's scary. Where has the time gone?! I'm going to embrace denial and move on to something else.

So today I had some high school students visit me since they had the day off for parent-teacher conferences. It's fun to see them again. I had those kids for two years, and we spent a lot of time and notebook paper together. Many of them tell me about how their high school teachers make them use all the skills and concepts we talked about in 7th and 8th grade. This is what I spent so much time working toward! My mission for my 8th graders was to truly have them ready for high school. Now I'm back in 7th grade, and I have a whole new group of students to prepare. It's good for me to get a reminder via my high school visitors of what I'm working toward with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment