Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tomorrow

So my school district is launching this new website newsletter for keeping the community informed of our goings-on. Keep this in mind; it will come back to haunt me.

Today (which is mid-January, although I didn't manage to post this until much later), we watched and waited as the weather turned deliciously nasty. The sky darkened, and the heavy, dark, laden clouds gathered, and the daylight waned even in the middle of the day. Some teachers closed their blinds and tried to keep the students from getting distracted by the weather. Not THIS teacher... I opened wide the blinds in hopes of keeping as much light as possible in the room. I checked the online weather reports frequently and read happy reports of expected snow and ice. Gradually, we received word that evening activities were cancelled. After school, my principal came in to talk to me about something, and he, too, mentioned the pending bad weather. (I swear I noticed some underlying glee on his part at this thought.) While we were talking, he mentioned something about an email that we’d received, so I opened my email account to look at what he was referencing. As I opened my inbox, an email pop-up from the district office appeared. The subject line said, “The District Tomorrow.” I opened the email hoping and expecting to see something about school being closed tomorrow due to impending inclement weather. Instead… it was the new newsletter from the district, which they confusingly titled, “The District Tomorrow.” There was nothing about a snow day or even a two-hour delay. Stupid newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment